Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Shamisen Week 45 Lesson

The new song to learn is a modern piece written for the koto, bass koto, shakuhachi, and sangen. It is called Hana no uta or Song of Flowers. It is more difficult than Wakamizu as to beat. It is 2/4 time but with lots of measures with the note being played on the upbeat instead of the downbeat.

I still have not mastered counting when getting the rhythm and beat of the music I practice. With Wakamizu, there were no upbeats in the music. In this song, not only are there plenty of upbeats but it is a faster tempo with plenty of 7, 8 and Octave 1 transitions. Since I have not mastered the 7, 8, or Octave 1 positions, even after months with Wakamizu, this piece is a real challenge.

The Master chose this song (before I begin learning classical pieces) so that I can get better at counting and to be more consistent in finding the 7, 8, and Octave 1 positions. Need to work hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment