Sunday, September 29, 2013

Shamisen Week 26 Lesson

The sensei and I go over Wakamizu. Of course, I thought I was nailing it in practice but when I actually have to play it, I suck. The Octave notes are difficult to locate by sound. My transitions up the sao to Position 7 and 8 on the san no ito are still not where they should be. Sometimes I'm not even close. I'm still pressing too hard on the strings and sao. My tempo is better, but this is a relatively easy piece regarding that.

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but it is so frustrating when I believe I have had a good week of practice to come to Lesson time and find out that I am not doing as well as I would hope. I don't know if it's because I'm nervous or if I have just not practiced correctly at home. I want to do well for my instructor--perhaps I am trying too hard when we play together.

The sensei says I am doing much better, but it is hard to get excited when I feel I am blowing it every time I go to a lesson. Plus, I don't think I am progressing as fast as I should. I realize that every person's progress is relative. I just don't think my progress is relatively good!

No comments:

Post a Comment